Shabby

Friday, June 3, 2011

My Friend, Bill


I wish you could meet my dear friend, Bill. He's one of the men that stands out in my mind as 'far down the road' of sanctification- if there is even such an evaluation fathomable. He first entered my life when we were part of the same home group at The Village Church four years ago. He was a favorite speaker/teacher of mine. Not just because he would play beautiful melodies on the piano beforehand... But there wasn't a time I can recall that he taught when his heart wasn't touched to the point of tears. I was just struck with the sensitivity of his heart in regards to the Holy Spirit and God's heart for this world.

I had the privilege of getting to know him and his beautiful wife pretty well during that year and the years following. Being around them is inspiring; it makes me hunger to know the Lord more deeply. Those are the sorts of people you should 'do life' with. And I feel blessed to have done that for some time...

However, since returning to Kosovo, I've been confronted with heart wrenching news: Bill has a brain tumor. This is the update I just received:

"The tumor has been identified as a Glioblastoma, stage 4. This is the most common and, unfortunately, the most aggressive type of primary brain tumor.

Given the invasive nature of this tumor, complete removal is impossible and further treatment is necessary. Although this type of tumor is expected to grow back after resection, aggressive treatment can help delay its return and progression."
Everything inside me longs to be there to pray with them, support them, and mostly just give them each a BIG hug. But for some reason God's chosen for me to be here during this time. So, I'm doing the only thing I can do: Pray and ask you to Pray with me! Thanks...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a privilege indeed to share life with those kinds of people.. May God be that present Help in their time of need.