Shabby

Monday, June 27, 2011

Birthday :)

It's so fun to do things out of the ordinary.
And what better time to do that then on the day
celebrating your birthday!
So, welcome to my weekend of 'out of the ordinariness'...


Yay for great Japanese food (see also the video at the end).
This was Saturday's lunch in Prishtina.


Next stop in the capital city:
Thai massages with one of my good friends.
They make you wear funky clothes!


Getting ready for a little taste of heaven on earth!
I'm sooo learning how to give a Thai massage some day...


Another man on my team had my same birthday!!!
His wife prepared amazing steaks, potatoes, and salad for us.
Yummie...!


We were attempting to do a 'jumping' picture,
but none of our cameras were fast enough.
So, here's our cool 'band' shot!
Aka: failed jumping shot...


After dinner with the team I came home and baked some delicious confetti cupcakes from a box mix I had from the US. My roommate and I quickly downed 3 (I won't say who had 2...).


While they were baking, I spent time admiring my beautiful gift from a friend's garden.
Aren't they lovely?
I think everyone should get flowers on their birthday!
Especially hand picked ones :)


A yummie taste of home!
Happy birthday to me- haha!


BUT...here's the real treat for my birthday:
Hanging out with my favorite Kosovar kiddos!
(she's grown up so much in the last years!)



These boys are pretty rough-
the one with my hand around his neck body slammed me
 to the ground last time I was out visiting them!


Oh...I love these hugs!



And that is the end to the happy, fun weekend I just had!
Thanks for the birthday wishes and love!
Missing you guys...

7 comments:

Zeitgeist said...

Hey Sweet Christina -

I TOTALLY Forgot about your birthday - seriously, there isn't a "valid" excuse for my carelessness, but I hope you forgive me! It looks like you did have a wonderful birthday and I am so glad you did. I am planning to treat you to a massage and some exotic foods whenever you will be back here.
I've been praying for you and sending sweet thoughts to God to embrace you as one of His precious children!
Love you so much Christina!

christina said...

Thanks! But I don't have a clue who wrote that...Sorry!

Anonymous said...

I'm actually commenting on here to for your birthday present, however, I did try to calll you!! Love wachels

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Christina! steak and pad thai? niice! Rough times on the field I see.

For a quick second I thought your cupcakes had animal shapes on them.. I spy an egret, a fish, a pterodactyl, and a slug.

Jeff said...

I ate some ice cream in honor of your birthday!

christina said...

Thanks guys- you are all special to me... And you make me laugh! :)

Anonymous said...

Look above Mena, This is where I commented!!! Love Wachels