Shabby

Sunday, October 10, 2010

My Brother, My Friend!

So, this is my brother.
He's been one of my best friends- through thick and thin.
We've always had a great time together...
Except when we went through our early teens and didn't so much.

He's been my adventure buddy.
And boy have we been on some adventures!
Getting lost on four-wheelers.
Sinking a four-wheeler in a pond and then trying to revive it (him).
Crashing a four-wheeler (him)...Ok, I'll stop!
Exploring caves, tunnels, and rivers (in the winter!).
Hiking and backpacking.
Climbing trees.
Playing many rounds of cowboys and indians.
Riding bikes together.
And oh yes, the snake that you flung in my face!

What strange stories we have together:
Filling our pants full of sand to prevent painful spankings.
(which we got anyway)
Eating lizards...aka: cold gizzards.
Cars running out of gas in the middle of the night.
Building "The Great Throne".
When I straightened your hair- haha.
Getting pulled over by the police with a car full of youth kids.
Navigating the paths in our backyard.
Digging up Pat's tree...with spoons!
The Fat and Nasty- enough said!

It has been one of my greatest joys to be a part of your life. To watch the Lord slowly become your heart and passion through the years. To see the punk kid who always got me in trouble become an incredible man of God that I respect. To be molded and refined through your words and example.

What a journey we've been on together.
So many ups and downs.
So many crazy things.
But I'm so glad you held on tight.
And not only that, but you've also taught me
to enjoy the ride in the midst of it all!

I know you know I love you.
But I wonder do you know how much?
Let me tell you!
"I love you to the moon...and back!"

I'm so proud of you for finding one of the most amazing girls in the world to be your beautiful wife. She's a perfect match for you. Designed by God to be, well, let's face it: your better side! :-) She's been an incredible blessing to not just you, but also our family.
Way to go, Idaho!

May the Lord bless the two of you.
May He hold you in His arms.
And may all your decisions be focused
upon Him and His heart for this world!

And may He take this wee one that now belongs to y'all and do something incredible in and through him. He has such plans for Baby L! And I can't wait to watch it unfold...

I'm proud of you, and I know I don't tell you enough!
Congratulations to both you and your wifey.
Consider this my big hug to you both!
Love from your baby sister...

No comments: