Shabby

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Circus is Coming!


So, this afternoon I spent the day doing something I never imagined I would do: plastering my city with posters. It was hilarious and fun at the same time! I know that my organization isn't bringing the circus, but it feels like it. And everyone here is so excited and talking about it like it is the circus. There's a guy that is pretty stinkin' amazing on the unicycle, some fire jugglers, and a professional dancer. Pretty much is the circus for this "lack of anything exciting" city where I live. People get dressed up and walk up and down the main street 5-10 times each night for something to do. The guy in the governmental office where we got the permission asked if we could do this every month. And the diverse group we had putting up the posters added to us feeling like a circus in this country where foreigners are rare. We had Colombia, Albania, Holland, the US, and South Korea represented. Oh what a day!

But my heart in posting this is to not only make you chuckle but also pray for this event. Reality is that it has high potential to receive opposition as the unicyclist shares his testimony at the end and we hand out some questionnaires. Please pray for us! Here's our schedule for the next few days:
-Village school
-Village town center
-My city's center
-The local high school
Please also pray for no rain as most of these events are taking place outdoors.

The circus is coming to town...everyone get ready!
(I'll try and post a video in the coming days)
FALEMINDERIT SHUME (thank you a lot)!!!

No comments: