Shabby

Saturday, October 2, 2010

A Grateful Heart

This morning was my 3rd morning to wake up back here in Kosova. I woke up with a sore throat that has progressed into what my roommate is calling the "flu that is going around" and I am simply calling it the death sickness. I hate being sick, and yet there is just something about a sickness that slows life down a bit and changes your perspective on things.

I've been really discouraged lately, and just feeling super inadequate in a lot of things the Lord has placed before me. So, getting sick on top of these feelings felt like too much. But He and I just spent some really good, "pour out your heart" time together. Interspersed in the tears and sorrows was this phrase over and over: "I don't feel good, Lord. I think I just want to come Home to You..." I'm so glad He doesn't answer all our prayers with yes, and even more than that, that He lovingly, patiently listens to all our petty complaints and even cares for them! What a God!!!

I also love how He sees into the moment of despair and sorrow and touches the deepest hurt. Through the past several days as I've wrestled and struggled with different things, He's blessed me with some encouraging words through friends: "You are precious to me", "I appreciate your heart so much to keep going", "I know God has so much for you, but most important is to be with Him", "I am happy you are here"... Just simple words from each of them, but precisely what I was needing.

So, I want to leave you not only with this thought: God knows and will provide. But also: there is vital importance in encouraging and walking alongside one another.

Who around you needs your affirmation and love?
* If you can find anyone...feel free to send me an email! :-)

No comments: