Shabby

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Done Waiting!

Tonight I realized something, perhaps not for the first time, but it definitely hit home tonight. I have finally stopped waiting... waiting for God to bring me Mr. Right, waiting for Him to fix all my problems, waiting for my team to be perfect, waiting, waiting, waiting! I have spent so much of my life waiting (especially telling God that I won't go here or there or do this or that unless He found me a spouse). And tonight God finally allowed me to see that I am not really waiting anymore. I am living life. And not just living, but living to the fullest.

My life is so full: praying for so many people, loving on my team, teaching kids about their Father who loves them and wants a relationship with them, having coffee with local teens, fixing up rundown houses, encouraging the other foreign workers here, being a light into the darkness, and I could go on and on...

This isn't to say that I am not still longing for Him to provide me with a husband. But rather believing He will be faithful to give what I need for each step of my journey- wherever in the world I am. This isn't to say that I think I don't need His touch to "fix" and heal my brokenness. But rather believing healing and listening sometimes happens a lot better when we are engaging our hearts instead of sitting around waiting for Him to wave His magic wand...

I've spent enough of my life waiting. I am ready to be obedient and follow Him now- no distractions (with His strength!). Perhaps life will once again hold a time of waiting for me, but I pray it is because that is where He led me and not because I didn't follow Him like I've done so often in the past.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Love you! And I love the Lord's peace!

Anonymous said...

good stuff :)

EINAR Y KLARA said...

Hi, we are Alfonso and Klara, a latin couple and we are very happy to find (thanks to Dane) your blogg. We dream with to be in Kosovo this year to server. Thanks to share your life with the world. Blessings.