Shabby

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Brokeness...Yes, Please?


Does anyone else ever have a hard time praying for brokenness? Well, tonight I began to pray for it, and then I paused and thought: do I really want to pray that? And then, the more I thought about, the more I realized that I was already in the midst of a lot of breaking. And it made me stop and laugh. God knows what He's doing, but He wants our hearts to align with that. However, there is just something inside us as humans that rebels against difficulty! We want comfort zones, cush surroundings, wealth, and ease. But how often is that not what we truly need? How many times do we need the opposite. Even in our souls we know and hunger for breaking? If you don't believe me, think back to when you had it all? You know, the nice car, the good job, the great relationship... Didn't something tug inside you that there was still emptiness? Well, haha, what I just described has never been my life, but I've had amazing circumstances at times. And I can tell you the lack of peace during those times was more than I could bear! So, give me terrible internet, loneliness, no car, dirty streets, power cuts, rowdy kids, not having a home... if it will mean that the peace of God rests upon my heart day and night, night and day!
So, bring on the brokenness (but only if You are by my side!!!)!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the prayer for brokenness is one of the fastest prayers answered! It's only in that state do we get a glimpse of reality and how God is working in it- but yea it is a hard prayer for me to pray.. but, it's better to be broken than broke! :)