Shabby

Monday, October 20, 2008

Small Picture of Life

Going to see the camp on top of the mountain
this weekend with my new friends that work here.
The fall leaves are simply amazing for this Texas girl who
has never really lived through a true fall before.
Having a good time with one of the girls that
lived in my "Kosovar home stay" house.

Albanian language study- my teacher is on the back right. We try to make it fun... that's hard sometimes!

A local mosque- most of the ones here were
recently built because all of the mosques were
brutally destroyed in the war.

The main people I wish I could talk with are the older generation. They have lived so much life: wars, communism, poverty, etc. Their eyes depict so much life lived, and for the most part, a deep sadness.

The building where I will be working. It is called: The Vision Center. In it we have all our meetings and classes.

It also holds Peja's only library. I will be
working here one day each week.

My team- I will try to get a clearer picture later on.
But this is who I work and live with!

So long for now...
*** For those of you not as familiar with the blogging world: clicking on the pictures enlarges them so you can see them better! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see things are going well and that you're feeling better. We miss you and are praying for you!!! :)