Shabby

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Mom Update

It is 1am here in Kosova. I have finally received word that my mom is out of surgery. She is in ICU right now and my family has been able to briefly visit her. She is in a lot of pain and pretty doped up on pain meds. The doctor said that she lost a lot of blood during surgery (about 3 liters), so the biggest thing they are watching for is her blood counts to come back up. I would imagine she is pretty weak and will be for a long while, but she made it through surgery- Praise God!

It is now 3am in Kosova. My brother just informed me that my mom's right lung collapsed. They have now put in a chest tube in hopes that it will reinflate itself. They will take an x-ray in the morning to see how it is working.

It is now 9am in Kosova. My mom is still in ICU (Intensive Care Unit) and receiving blood infusions in hopes to jump her blood count back up. She is stable right now and she nodded when they asked if she could feel God's presence and love with her. Please keep praying!

It is now 12pm in Kosova. It is the middle of the night in Texas and my email is quiet. It will be many hours until I hear more updates. I am going to go take a nap... I will update you more later on today. Thank you for lifting my mom up before the Lord- she is for sure in His Hands right now!

1 comment:

Lyndsay Holly said...

Hey Na...

Just wanted to let you know that I am praying for your mom. I know it's gotta be super hard to just wait for info...but God is good! I love ya girl and can't wait to hear from ya!