Shabby

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Backtracking...Holland!

One of the only windmills I saw.
An orchard with some sleeping sheep- everything was so green and lush!
The essence of Holland...just kidding, but where I was at sure had quite a few of these.

Sorry, I wasn't feeling so good while I was here, so my pictures are very few. It was a beautiful place though. I would love to go back and visit one day! Since being here in Kosova I have read quite a few books and have learned a lot. Holland has a very rich history. Brother Andrew was from Holland, as was Corrie ten Boom. It is also interesting to read about their role in the World Wars. However, it is now a very dark place in need of the Gospel. You could be in prayer for the Muslim community that is spreading rapidly throughout. I have met many amazing people from Holland and others that are working there. Pray for the ministry they have!
Oh, and to dispel a common thought: no one wears wooden shoes there! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What?!? No wooden shoes!! That's a bummer. ;-)

Love the windmill pic! Classic Holland!

Anonymous said...

My home - Holland - How I miss Thee!! Thanks for sharing these pictures, Christina. I would love to give you a tour someday through my country! Let me know when you're going :-)