Shabby

Thursday, July 8, 2010

PBC- Second Summer Team

On June 29th a group from the youth group I grew up in came to visit my team for 10 days. Here's the amazing couple that led them- first met them 10 years ago when we traveled to Mexico together... What a journey that first trip sparked for me with them and in missions!

The group headed straight up to camp to do a few projects to get the camp ready for the summer camps that began the following week.

In the process my little toe got broken :-(
But praise God that that was the only injury!

The last day at camp the group trekked up the mountain for a few hours. Such a beautiful view!!

With the finished product of their work- just needs a roof now!

A few of my friends that helped put on a missions panel for the youth to ask any questions. They also shared their lives and stories with the kids. It was fun!

A kids club at the Vision Center where my team works.

Crafts and making books together.

Headed out to the village next. One of the local believers translated for us and he got to share his heart and his story with these really "thirsty", seeking, older boys.

Pretty much a miracle any time you can get these kids to sit down, listen, or be unified in doing something. God was present with us on this day...as you can see!

The following day we headed out to a run down, old building to love on some really poor families. This man is bed-bound due to being crippled after the war. He's been reading his Bible that has been given him, but he's pretty confused on the meaning of the majority of it. Keep praying for God to continue to open his heart to Him!

God continually is putting the girl in the middle with the pink shirt on on my heart. She's mute and everyone calls her dumb and she's not allowed to attend school. But oh how God loves her and has a plan for her life. Keep praying for transformation from the inside out!

Doing the drama at the Konvikt, the rundown building in my city.

Another kids group in a village my team works in.
Teaching them baseball...haha!

What a blessing you all were to me, my team, and the kiddos here! I love you guys so much. Thanks for coming to see us!!

Until next time...

No comments: