Shabby

Friday, August 28, 2009

Montenegro: Europe's Secret

I am pretty aware that the majority of my blog readers will have no clue where or what Montenegro is, so let me do an introduction! Montenegro is one of Europe's newest countries. It used to belong to the former Yugoslavia (like Kosovo). It joins borders with Kosovo, but has a major difference. Montenegro is inhabited largely by people of Serbian origin; Kosovo is almost entirely Albanian. The country of Montenegro is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen in my life! Mountainous, beautiful beaches, lush green, tropical feel, and it borders the Adriatic Sea- right across from Italy. So, here's some pictures from my week of relaxation there last week. I did a little more resting than picture taking, but here's what I have:
Posing in the older part of a city

An incredible sunset my first night.


Burning trash- I've decided we don't have any ozone over the Balkans...haha!

Don't call an engineer when you need a bridge; just build it yourself out of trash!

The view out of my friend's front door!!

Ping-pong on a stone table, anyone?

A beautiful beach- I actually didn't got to a single beach while I was there. :-o

You can rent these.

I just love how creation screams His Name to the ends of the earth! May the people of Montenegro have ears to hear and eyes to see!

No comments: