Shabby

Friday, November 14, 2008

Week to Week

Many of you have been asking me what my week looks like, so here's my typical schedule:
Sunday- local service in Albanian in the morning and international service in English in the evening.
Monday- my day off, so it normally consists of catching up on cleaning, moving wood (yuck!), or whatever needs to be done.
Tuesday- team prayer time in the morning and then five hours running the library and backyard activities during the day.
Wednesday- language school in the morning for 3 hours and then international prayer meeting in the evening.
Thursday- art class and usually working with other international people that work here.
Friday- world prayer meeting in the morning with my team, cleaning our center, language school for 3 hours in the afternoon, teaching English class, normally shopping with my team after class, and then single's meeting with other single (or mid-twenties) workers here. (This is my crazy day!)
Saturday- children's meeting in the morning and girl's meeting in the afternoon.

The gaps in between doing things are filled with:
-Trying to teach myself the language.
-Working on building a Kosova website to bring more publicity to the work here.
-Writing stories and taking pictures for the website and newsletters (I have become the communications person for Kosova for my orginization- lots of work!).
-Preparing lessons for classes and meetings.
-Racking my brain and searching the web for creative ideas for games, teaching, and crafts.
-Trying to build relationships.
-Cooking- it takes a long time since I don't have a microwave and everything is from scratch, haha.
-Praying!

I am trying to get some pictures of the classes and meetings we have here, but it will probably be a few weeks before I can compile them to post on here.

1 comment:

Kristina said...

wow, busy busy busy!!! I miss you. this made me think about our classes at CCCC. Weight training. eating in the library. Turtle toes =) not being able to get into my car for some reason then laughing histarically at it. ohhhh man. i miss those days =)