Shabby

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Bringing Hope

This was supposed to be at the end...But alas I can't figure out the new Blogger, so it remains at the beginning. But this was a little girl's reaction to the childrens' Bible we'd just given her and her friends that were eagerly waiting. Soooo precious!

This picture is just for fun. It has been rainy and cold for over 1.5 months! Not to mention the wind...
This summer my team (all but one pictured here) decided that, once a week, we would take up a post in different villages and distribute books to the children, men, and women we can find outdoors. Totally outside my comfort zone... (that is so often where the Lord wants me!)
They load up their backpacks with Bibles and other relevant books and begin the 2+ hour trek through the remote parts of the village. This week they were invited into 3 Roma homes.

And my roommate and I stand guard at the jeep, with a table set up, and patiently wait for the mob of children that always results when the nearby school lets out.
Nearly everyone on my team loves this craziness. Me, well, I just think they're crazy! But God is blessing this ministry, and I have to admit it has been exciting to partake in it.
 
My favorite picture from the village today. The devastation from the war isn't just in the landscape. It is in hearts and lives all around this nation. Please pray that the Truth in the books we pass out will take root, and that restoration, healing, and hope will find their anchor in those hearts and lives!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That video clip is worth a thousand (and some) words...

Kimber Jean said...

WOW, so awesome!!! I love the video!!! Makes me happy!