Shabby

Monday, May 4, 2009

The Village

I just had to name this one that, because that is the name of my church (and a really good movie). But this post is about the village I have been working in for a few months now each Sunday. It saw a lot of fighting during the war, and now there are many widows and very poor families living there. This time each week has become one of my most favorite things to do, and each of these kids has such a special place in my heart. So, come on...take a photo journey to: The Village!
Teaching how to play baseball.
Duck, Duck, Goose!
(cool picture!)

Run, Charlie, Run!
This boy is small, but fast.

Singing:
Love the kids in the kids in the back!

Story time...on the rock pile!


One of my babies and his little brother.


Each time I go I feel like I am part of the Olympics or something- these girls are incredible!

Craft time- the kids loved this!

What we hope is becoming an active part of their hearts and lives!

Please join me in praying for each one of these sweet children. There is a lot they are all fighting against; they can use all the help they can get!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

miss the children and you lots!!! am praying for god to harvest the seeds that were planted! keep up the good work. lots of love! susan

Kristina said...

those kids are so sweet. Really good pictures. I know they are being so blessed by everything that you are doing with them and Im sure you are too.

Anonymous said...

The kids look so happy despite the hardships they've been/are going through.. Duck duck goose- good times!
Playing kid games in Jesus' Name, the best!