Shabby

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

New Mercies

This morning I was woken up by the 4am call to prayer from the mosque right down the road. I've had a lot on my mind and heart lately, so once I was awake, my brain began to take off running at high speed. There was no chance of dozing off again. So, I reluctantly put my feet on the floor and trekked out to the living room. Here's what I found awaiting me out the door:




You know, sometimes it is so easy to get caught up in the struggles, burdens, and difficulties of life. We don't stop to remember...Wasn't that, after all, the problem with the Israelites? They were stuck in an endless cycle of doing out of habit, with no heart and no rememberance. How I loathe, with all my heart, becoming like that. But I do it! Probably every day.
Today God gently called to me- speaking through His beauty- "hey, I AM here. don't forget ME. I AM holding you. these things you wage against aren't too big for ME. I AM the one who paints the sky each morning, even when you don't see it. I AM the one who makes the trees to bud and flourish. I AM the one who sprinkles the earth with dew each morning. I AM the one casts light into the world filled with shadows and darkness...I AM!"
May we not forget who it is that holds us and who it is that grants mercies anew for each day; just like the coming of the dawn!

2 comments:

Althea said...

I love those special moments, when He speaks so lovingly to our souls.

Kristina said...

Thanks spit, I needed that. And those pictures, wow they are beautiful!!