Shabby

Friday, November 12, 2010

Unwanted Catergories

This past week I received an email from someone that bore some pretty rough news. And as I sat and thought about the situation and pretty much just life in general, I came to realize something: I was in shock and unable to process what was happening because I simply didn't have a category in my head for such a thing.

Have you ever been there? Someone you love betrays you. A sudden death occurs and leaves you reeling. Something you invested a lot of time, money, and effort into fails. A person you truly look up to and respect lies, has an affair, or does something else unthinkable. Or anything in between...

We've all been there. We can all understand. Life doesn't happen as we dictate. We can't plan the outcome of anything; really. And therefore, many things will happen that we're not prepared for.

So, I find myself possessing a new category in my mind and heart. It isn't one that I want. And it is something I hope I never have to file anything away in again. But the Lord touched my heart with these verses this morning:

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God..."
II Corinthians 1:3-4

So, for His Name and His Glory I willingly embrace this new file in my mind as being a gift which I believe He will use one day to provide comfort and peace to someone else.
~Amen~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen