Shabby

Friday, November 13, 2009

The Windy City

A week ago I got the privilege to go visit a couple I know from Kosovo, who now live in Illinois, for a few days. It was an amazing time (I forgot to take any pictures, though...). But it worked out for me to travel home through Chicago, so I could spend a day and a half with my aunt and uncle there. It was such a blessing to be with them. However, I kept wondering why I would be dumb enough to travel to a place as cold as Kosovo- haha!


I finally got to see the church where my uncle has been a pastor at since before I was born- that was so cool!


This is my cousin and her 2 kids. I had met her when I was four...that was 21 years ago! We'd changed just a little bit since then!

Here's my aunt and uncle- they have been so good to me!
Love you two!

And here's what I decided I needed to be able to take everything I am wanting to take with me to Kosovo- it was anchored down or I probably would have carted that sucker away with me!


Thanks for all your prayers and love during this time while I am at home. God has been so gracious and good to me each and every day. It has been a rich, blessed time here!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I apologize for commenting all over your blog without actually having met you, but I must ask.. is that your uncle, Erwin Lutzer?

christina said...

You can comment wherever you want- though I don't know you, I think you are my most faithful "commenter"- haha!

And yes, my uncle is who you say he is. Know him?

Anonymous said...

Haha!.. yea- I listen to his radio program a lot while I'm doing fieldwork.. always challenged by what he has to say- good man.

christina said...

Not to detract from my uncle, but you should also listen to: Chuck Swindoll, Tommie Nelson, Mark Driscoll, and Matt Chandler (my pastor) if you haven't already- amazing stuff! :-)