Shabby

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ho Hum

So, it has been a very long time since I blogged- sorry to all you avid readers out there...right! But the winter has given me the blues and I haven't been in the mood to write about anything. But that isn't to say that things haven't kept happening at a rapid fire pace. So, since I am still not in the right mindset to blog, I am going to just put it all up as bullets (pictures later, hopefully).

-> Took a day trip with 3 friends to Macedonia (yes, that is still a country). It is about 3 hours from here. The highlights were McDonalds (reminder of home), finding M&M's, and going to see Madagascar 2 in a real movie theater!
-> Delivering more Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes in some schools in a village near here for a few days with a local church. It was fun to work alongside the local believers, and see how God was at work in their lives- creating life and cultivating His heart of love.
-> Ministry started up again full force (on our side of things) after a week off for the holidays, but the kids didn't show up for a few weeks due to the terrible weather conditions and a long break from school. Thankfully they are returning- I had about 15 children in my English class today (max. before had been about 8).
-> I got to chat with my amazing Home Group from church on Skype! I was able to see all their faces and hear their voices...technology is amazing. It was very encouraging and uplifting (thanks, y'all!).
-> Our girl's meeting has taken on a new structure. The three people that run it (my Albanina roommate, my Korean team leader's wife, and myself) are now taking turns leading it each week. We decided to do a study on the different women of the Bible and how God's character is seen through their lives and their stories. I led it last week and it was really fun. Pray for this if you would.
-> And lastly...the weather, since it is such an important topic of conversation here, I will include you. I had prayed that God would give some relief from the utterly frigid temps, even if just for a bit (I know, I am a crazy Texas girl who likes the up and down temperatures). So, in answer to that, for about a week it went back up the 40's (funny that we say back home: "it went down to the 40's...). But this week it is back down to being icy (that is in regards to what happens to my blood) and I believe snow shall soon grace the city once again...stay tuned for pictures if I can bear to take any more...haha!

Thanks for bearing with my lack of enthusiasm in regards to updating- I promise, come Spring, things will return to normal!
Love y'all!

No comments: